Terms and Conditions of Sale
First things first – here are the two main definitions that apply to the Ts & Cs below…
- The Seller (We/Us/Our):
Bluespot Furniture Limited (registered in England with company number 4338293)
- The Buyer (You/Your/They):
Anybody who is placing an order for our products and services
Now for the legal info you need to know and refer to when dealing with us…
PRICES & ORDERS
- All our prices are subject to the addition of VAT.
- Every quoted price you see will always include free delivery Monday-Friday, anywhere within the UK mainland except Northern Island, Isle of Wight or the Isle of Man (unless stated on this map).
- If you need to book deliveries outside this area, and/or need an overnight drop-off, we’ll need to apply a carriage charge (quoted on application).
- If you ever need a specific delivery window, please ask – for an extra £35, you can opt or an AM or PM delivery when you checkout.
- Prices invoiced are correct at the date of despatch.
- Our catalogue and website represent an ‘invitation to treat’ only.
- Any contracts made will consist of the buyer's order and the seller's acceptance of it.
- When we accept an order, this will be subject to conditions of sale, and no other conditions will apply unless expressly agreed in writing by us.
- Our preferred payment method is credit/debit card (we accept VISA, Mastercard, Delta, Switch, Solo, JCB and VISA Electron) or cheque.
- It is possible in some cases for a credit account to be opened - you must have been trading for one year and be registered for VAT, providing the necessary trade references on request.
- All Government bodies such as Councils, Schools, Universities, NHS etc. qualify for instant credit facilities – please ask for details.
- Our terms for successfully opened credit accounts are et cash within 30 days of date on invoice.
We always do our very best to make sure the prices stated on our website are correct, but if a genuine mistake is made, we’ll let you know as soon as possible and give you the option of either carrying on with the order at the corrected price, or cancelling.
You can choose a number of different delivery options when you place an order with us…
- Free delivery is the default delivery option, provided as standard on all Bluespot orders.
- While we don’t charge for this option, it will take longer to arrive than our chargeable guaranteed Next Day delivery service.
If you place and pay for your order before 1pm on a working day (and select Next Day at checkout), we will dispatch it on the same day. You will usually then receive delivery the next working day. Delivery for orders placed before 1pm on Fridays will occur on the following Monday.
Next Day Delivery
- This service is ideal for urgent orders where next day delivery needs to be guaranteed.
- We use a select group of couriers, depending on the size of item or order.
- In some cases, your furniture order may arrive on a pallet.
- Our Next Day delivery only delivers to the kerbside for pallets or a ground floor entrance area if not palletised.
Please note that you will be responsible for the disposal of all packaging, including any pallets.
Delivery & Install
- We offer a full delivery-and-install service (chargeable) on every product in our range.
- Installation is guaranteed to take place within 3 to 4 weeks from the order being placed – and we’ll confirm your date by phone and email.
- You can request a date for your delivery when you place your order, and subsequent installations can be booked in advance up to 90 days from the date we receive payment.
- Our installation work is fully insured. Our fitters are specially trained to expertly assemble all furniture in our range.
- Once the products are put together, you will receive a full overview of care and maintenance advice.
- If you choose this service, we will remove and dispose of all packaging and pallets.
Unsuccessful deliveries may incur charges which we will calculate based on the specific circumstances of your order such as location and size of your order.
Point of Delivery
- In accordance with normal transportation practices, we will deliver all goods to the Goods In department, or reception, on the ground floor.
- Off-loading facilities must be provided.
- Please note that all pallet deliveries will be kerbside only.
- If further transfer or installation is required, particularly for large and heavy items (over 25kg), this must be requested at the time of ordering and an additional charge will be levied.
- Please note that a signed consignment note constitutes delivery of goods. You must inform us of any restrictions for delivery at the point of order, and failure to do so may result in further charges.
- We’ll always provide an estimated time in good faith, but our timetables are non-binding.
- To facilitate a prompt delivery all despatches will be made direct from either the point of manufacture or distribution.
- We will not be liable for any losses incurred by the buyer or any other person as a result of any delay in the delivery of the goods or any part of the order for any reason whatsoever, including for third party installation costs.
- The due performance of the contract is subject to cancellation or such variation as the seller may find necessary as the result of instructions or lack of instructions from the buyer, or as a result of industrial dispute or of any cause whatsoever beyond the seller's reasonable control.
- The seller reserves the right to make partial deliveries.
- Orders will only be processed once the full payment has been received (so any specified delivery dates are not final until this takes place).
- Credit arrangements are offered at the discretion of the seller and, as such, may be declined by the seller without providing a reason.
Please always check that the number of boxes received corresponds with the delivery note and that the packaging is undamaged before signing. Once you sign the carrier delivery note you are accepting that there is no issue with the delivery – please do not sign unless you are convinced that the items are all there and undamaged as it negates claims for missing items and damage in transit thereafter.
To make sure everything goes smoothly when we deliver your furniture please take a moment to check the following – and let us know if you have any special requests or requirements as soon as you place your order.
- Will our 7.5 ton vehicles be able to access the site unrestricted?
- Is penalty-free parking available?
- Will our drivers encounter any security/access restrictions?
- Are accessible/large lifts available if needed?
- Is the drop-off point for your furniture clear and unimpeded by other works such as carpet fitting?
- Can you provide a dedicated contact name and mobile number for the person taking delivery?
Except as expressly provided and as provided by law, the seller does not supply goods with the benefit of any term, warranty or condition, express or implied, as to the merchantability of the goods or their suitability for any purpose whatsoever.
We will assign to the buyer all rights conferred on it by any of its suppliers. Insofar as quality of materials used in goods manufactured for the seller is concerned, the seller shall have the option to repair, replace (or at its sole discretion refund to the buyer the price of the goods without any further liability) parts agreed by it as being defective, and which have been returned to it, carriage paid, within a maximum period of 10 years from the date of delivery to the buyer's works.
Goods subjected to unfair wear and tear, misuse, defective maintenance, alteration or modification, are excluded from this guarantee. Goods covered are subject to single shift working only.
In no case shall the liability of the seller hereunder exceed that of the actual manufacturer of the particular goods or parts thereof. Any liability on the part of the seller is subject to terms of payment being met.
We offer a 10 year product guarantee on selected items we manufacture. Guarantees for products we do not directly manufacture may be different and these are clearly specified at individual product levels on our website.
60 day money-back guarantee
- You are entitled to return all items for any reason during a period of 60 days.
- This is subject to items being in their original packaging, complete and in an undamaged and unbuilt condition.
Please note that a carriage charge will be applied (provided on application). And if an item is not in a resalable condition, we are unable to offer a refund.
- All weights and dimensions are approximate, given as a guide in good faith.
- Published product details are subject to alteration by us without notice.
- All maximum load capacities stated are for evenly distributed loads only.
Ownership of Goods
Property of the goods remains with the seller until full payment has been received. At any time we reserve the right to recover furniture that has not been paid for, and may enter the buyer's premises for this recovery.
Regardless of payment, the risk in the goods will always pass to the buyer on delivery, which means the buyer shall promptly effect and maintain in the joint names of the parties, insurance of the goods against loss or damage in their full invoice price until final payment is made.
Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the seller's negligence, or as herein provided, the seller shall not be liable to the buyer for any consequential loss or damage (whether for loss or profit or otherwise) costs or expenses or their claims for consequential loss whatsoever which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the goods or their use or re-sale.
We will accept returned goods for credit only with the express and confirmed permission – with the exception of made-to-order items - our usual refund policy does not apply to these items, which cannot be returned or exchanged unless faulty. Please contact us for instructions upon delivery.
If you do need to cancel your made-to-order items for any reason, this is only possible within 24 hours of placing the order with our agreement. If a cancellation is deemed possible after 24 hours, we will charge a cancellation fee – as it is unlikely that we could re-sell made-to-order items to another customer.
The buyer shall unless otherwise stated be responsible for the cost of the return carriage of all goods returned (price provided on application) which shall be at the risk of the buyer until actual receipt of the goods to Bluespot Furniture.
Goods must be returned in their original packaging, unused, unassembled and in a resale able condition. Credit shall not be given for goods received damaged.
Proof of return delivery will remain with the buyer. We reserve the right to charge for incomplete returns, orders placed in error or not wanted
Notification of non-delivery must be made in writing within 7 days of invoice date and for shortages or damage within 7 days of receipt of goods. Failing this no claims will therefore be accepted.
The above conditions do not affect your statutory rights when goods are faulty, or not as described.
We confirm that we (Bluespot Furniture) are ourselves compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and the Data Protection Act 1998 and our suppliers have confirmed their GDPR compliance.
We use the data that you provide to allow us to offer a professional service on a regular basis. Your data will never be passed on or sold to a third party except where it is essential to deliver a product (e.g. delivery company.)
In the interest of transparency, we’d like you to know that the type of information within our systems may include:
- Company Contact Details (Name, Address, Email)
- Company Contacts for sales, purchasing and accounts
- Bank Account Details (if applicable)
- Company Details (VAT and Company Registration Number)
- Company Terms and Conditions, Handbooks and Policies
This data is held in our secure systems and select Bluespot Furniture staff are the only people who can view this data. Data is also held within Accounts Software and Order Software, both of which are securely backed up by our onsite dedicated IT department.
Ordering for someone else
If you are ordering for a third party, you agree that we have permission to use their delivery address with the sole purpose of completing the order.
We want to keep you in the loop when it comes to Bluespot offers, promotions and news – but we will only ever send you emails if you have actively opted in to receiving them. If you like, you can then unsubscribe at any time by clicking and of the unsubscribe links in the email, by replying to any emails you receive or by emailing us on email@example.com